Friday, November 23, 2007

The Case of the Elevator Duck by Polly Berrien Berends

From the back of the book:
What does a young detective do when he finds a lost duck in the elevator of his housing project? Elementary: he tries to find the duck's owner. But if No Pets Of Any Sort are allowed in the projects, who is going to admit he's lost a duck? Detective Gilbert doesn't even dare to tell anybody he's found one! How Gilbert cleverly solves these problems - and makes the case - makes a humorous story of detection and city life.

2 comments:

david said...

Thank you! I saw this back in the 70s on TV, when I was about 10 or so, and the image of a young boy and a duck in an elevator has been pinging around in my head for decades. Now I know it was real!

Anonymous said...

Lol, I had the same "was that real?" problem with the Cricket in Times Square :) Glad I could help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails