Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Omnivore's Dilemma: The Secrets Behind What You Eat, Young Reader's Edition by Michael Pollan

As a child I went on many trips both with my family and my school to farms to visit and pet the animals, see how farms operated, pick fruit, etc. If I thought about where my food came from, I usually thought about those trips or about the farms we passed on the way up to the cottage. Then industrial farms became a hot topic in the news and it was less clear where much of my food came from. Much has been said and written about the adult version of this book. This is an excellent way to introduce children to how their food is really produced. While I don't know that the problem is quite as extensive in Canada, I know we do use some of the practices talked about in Pollan's book. The Omnivore's Dilemma will change how you think about your food.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails