Thursday, April 26, 2007

His Dark Materials Trillogy by Philip Pullman


This series is one of my favourites. The Golden Compass, in particular, I would recommend to almost anyone who is able to read it.

Lyra's world looks very much like ours, but all people have daemons; a companion in animal form that is somehow attached to them. Her world and society also more closely resemble the 19th century than our own except that the Reformation never happened. Lyra gets mixed up in a huge controversy surrounding the discovery of 'dust' that leads her on heart-stopping adventures into parallel worlds as well as amazing regions of her own.

The Movie is coming out in December.

2 comments:

Bubbles said...

This site was left by KL above, but I thought I'd move it down since it's cool.

http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

Anonymous said...

i need a book! help me! save me! really!

Related Posts with Thumbnails